Monday, March 4, 2013

Ranch Dressing

We ran out of Ranch dressing last week and it is still on our grocery list...which doesn't help me very much considering I needed it for a recipe this week!  So I did a quick online search, pulled a few things out of the spice cabinet and whipped up this homemade Ranch dressing.  

I used a pint sized mason jar and modified the original recipe to fit our taste and here is how what I came up with. 

The Recipe:
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup of mayo (I used real, but low fat would probably work too)
4 tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp dried dill
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp pepper 
1/2-1 tsp garlic salt depending on taste


The original recipe says this should last 3-5 days in the fridge, we will see.

To save time you could mix up the dry ingredients and store them in a ziplock bag or another mason jar.  Then you would just add two tablespoons of the "Ranch mix" to the wet ingredients when you needed to mix up a batch. 

I was pleasantly surprised with the results and I will definitely be mixing up some Ranch mix for future use!



 

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum, this is great! I never considered making my own ranch dressing. Going to bookmark this and try it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it would taste great on some garden fresh cucumbers and fresh picked cherry tomatoes!

    ReplyDelete