I will never eat store-bought jam again!
Here is the rediculously easy ingredient list:
- 2 quarts of strawberries
- 4 cups of sugar
- 1 package of Certo liquid fruit pectin
- Cap the strawberries, wash, and chop (not puree) in a food processor for just a few beats. You still want them to be kinda chunky
- Put the chopped strawberries into a large bowl and add your sugar.
- Add the Certo liquid pectin and stir it in well.
- Quickly (before the pectin starts to set up) divide your mixture out into your jelly jars. Cap them, let them set up for a few hours, then they are ready to use! Place the extra jars into the freezer for future use or give to friends and family as a cute, homemade gift.
I don't have a ton of freezer space so I like to go ahead and put them in a water bath canner to seal the lids. About 10 minutes in boiling water does the trick, then I can keep them in the cupboard at room temp for up to 1 year. Great tasting and made with love! Doesn't get much better than that!